Parks and Recreation Worker
Job Title: Parks and Recreation Worker
Salary range: $41,350 - $51,687 annually
Department: Recreational Programming
Hours: Parks & Recreation
Regular hours: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm summer hours & evenings and weekend shifts as required during Arena Operation season, 38.75 hours of work/week
Purpose and objectives: Versatility in performing the day-to-day tasks involved in the Parks and Uniplex operation and maintenance, and in the operation and maintenance of the vehicles and equipment related to the Parks and Arena.
Regular Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all policies and procedures set by the Council of the Town of La Ronge
- Perform the tasks involved in maintaining/operating the Uniplex.
- General knowledge of building maintenance and janitorial work.
- Perform the tasks related to park maintenance such as operation of tractors, sprayers, mowers, rototillers, grass whippers and other park care equipment.
- The ability to deal with the public in a supervisory manner is required.
- Perform tasks related to open/close of parks and facilities.
- Knowledge of arena and park maintenance, basic care and maintenance of vehicles and equipment, operate the Zamboni, trucks & various tractors.
- Report directly to the Manager of Parks & Recreation & Lead Hand
Positions Supervised: n/a
- Grade 10
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Experience with operation and maintenance of equipment
- Punctual, energetic & self motivated individual
- Submit a Criminal Record Check
- Public Relations with Community User Groups
- Able to work unsupervised in certain instances
- Willing to take required courses Arena Operator Level 1 & 2 Courses, Building Maintenance Level 1 & 2, Parks Stream 1 & 2, 1st Aid/CPR & OH&S Courses
- Willing to work evenings and weekend shifts
Please send resume, cover letter and 3 references by Friday, January 4, 2019 4:00pm to and/or for more information please contact:
Tonia Logan, Manager of Parks & Recreation, Town of La Ronge
Box 5680, La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0
(306) 425-2477 (phone) (306) 425-3883 (fax)
email@example.com - email