Public Works Manager
Job Title: Public Works Manager
Salary range: $69,052 - $85,515 based on experience.
Department: Public Works
Hours: Public Works
The Town of La Ronge is seeking a qualified individual for the leadership position of Public Works Manager. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Public Works Manager supervises a staff of approximately 10 and is responsible for the daily operations of the public works department including road maintenance and repair, the operation, maintenance and repair of the water distribution system and waste water collection and treatment systems as well as providing future planning and strategic direction for the department. In addition to providing hands-on support on equipment when available, the position ensures the proper records are maintained by all staff and provides written reports, analysis, and recommendations on public works and utility projects to administration and council as required.
If you are an efficient self-starter, who is a team player that can work with little supervision, and possesses good work habits, we strongly encourage you to apply. The successful candidate must be able to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities concurrently and be effective at public communications, both orally and in writing.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be certified in water, storm water and wastewater systems and have the knowledge to operate each in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Possess knowledge of safety principles and practices. Certification is an asset.
- Have a valid driver’s license. Certification on heavy equipment is an asset.
- Be able to prepare and present the annual departmental budget; determine resource needs and financing requests.
- Be familiar with developing specifications and bid documents for a variety of public works and utility related designs, construction and maintenance projects.
- Have experience working with Engineers and Project Managers in the development and maintenance of community infrastructure.
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Have thorough knowledge of street construction and maintenance, water and sewer system operation and maintenance, and building maintenance through relevant experience.
The Public Works Manager will also be called upon to review plans and monitor developments related to public works and utility matters, to assist in evaluating their impact on the Town, as well as to work with developers and builders regarding infrastructure needs. Additionally, the individual will represent the Town with other agencies on a wide variety of issues pertaining to public works and utilities. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record check.
The Town of La Ronge thanks all those who apply for this position but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. This competition will run until the vacancy has been filled.
Please submit a resume with three references and expected salary to:
Town of La Ronge
P.O. Box 5680
La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0
Fax - (306) 425-3883
Phone - (306) 425-2066