Water & Sewer Operator (Temp)
Job Title: Water & Sewer Operator (Temp)
Salary range: The annual salary range for this position is $55,178 to $68,974.
Department: Public Works
Hours: 3 month term with possibility of extension
The Town of La Ronge is a diverse and welcoming lake front community which promotes healthy living, traditional values, and a thriving economy through the delivery of progressive and transparent municipal government and service. La Ronge and the surrounding communities are home to approximately 5,000 people who share the shores of stunning Lac La Ronge. Visitors travel from around the globe to experience the outdoor adventures that this region offers, and La Ronge is the hub of that region.
The Town of La Ronge is seeking a qualified individual to perform the duties of Water & Sewer Operator for the Water and Sewer Division of the Town’s Public Works Department. This is a term position for three (3) months with the possibility of a three (3) month extension.
Reporting directly to the Public Works Manager, this position will assist with the basic operations, maintenance and repair of all water and sewer facilities including wastewater plant, water reservoirs, and sewer lifts. The Town supports advancement, provides training opportunities and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
The Public Works team is a tight group of folks who are passionate about their jobs and who support each other when the going gets tough. The water and sewer department consists of three people sharing all duties, supplemented by a Manager who is a certified operator in water and wastewater.
Some Duties of the Water & Sewer Operator include:
- Operation and maintenance of Town water and sewer facilities;
- Equipment use and maintenance including trucks, jetters, boilers, lab/test/safety equipment;
- Prepare water and wastewater samples for analysis
- Maintain, operate and repair water supply, treatment & distribution, sewage collection & treatment functions;
- Communicating with contractors;
- Repair water and sewer lines and systems;
- Evening and weekend work may be required; and
- Required to undergo advanced training, seminars and correspondence courses to maintain necessary certification.
- Minimum one year of practical experience in Municipal operations and maintenance as pertains to all facilities, equipment and functions involved within the water and sewer department;
- Class I Water Treatment;
- Class I Water Distribution Certificate;
- Class I Waste Water Collection;
- Class II Waste Water Treatment would be an asset;
- Confined Space Training would be an asset;
- Related experience in plumbing, electrical or pump mechanics;
- Valid Drivers' License, having airbrake endorsement would be an asset;
This competition will remain active until a suitable candidate is found. Please note that the Town of La Ronge practices global reference checks. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record check. The annual salary range for this position is $55,178 to $68,974.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and expected salary to:
Town of La Ronge
Box 5680 La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0
Fax - (306) 425-3883
Email: email@example.comApply Online