Job Title: Town Mechanic
Salary range: $59,618 - $74,525 annually
Location: Public Works
Department: Public Works
Hours: Permanent Full-Time
The Town of La Ronge is seeking a qualified individual in the position of Mechanic with our Public Works Department. The ideal candidate will be a Certified Automotive Mechanic, with an optional Classification of Heavy-Duty Mechanic.
- Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, the Mechanic will diagnose, repair, maintain and service all Town owned equipment including heavy trucks, dump trucks, loaders and other equipment and vehicles.
- May be called upon to assist public works crews as required.
- Ordering parts and materials,
- record keeping
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work of the trade.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and to interpret technical manuals and specifications.
- Skill in the use and care of a variety of hand and power tools and equipment of the trade.
- Experience in the preparation of work estimates of labor and parts cost, including writing service reports and keeping records.
- Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License, an Air Brake Endorsement is considered an asset.
- Work independently and manage time between various projects.
- Supply of own hand tools required.
- Welding ability an asset.
The successful candidate must submit to a criminal record check. The expected annual salary is $59,618 - $74,525 and may be negotiated based on experience. Applicants should submit a detailed resume including references to the individual below. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Manager of Public Works
Town of La Ronge
La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 425-3883