Residential Garbage Pick-Up Schedule
Please ensure your garbage container is out at the edge of the street by 8:00 am with the wheels fa cing your house, set in the gutter where you have a sidewalk or wheels on the edge of the face of the road where there are no sidewalks .
(Please see picture below.)
DO NOT PUT CONTAINERS ON SIDEWALK
- Ensure there are no obstructions around the container including vehicles or snow piles.
- Only household garbage is to be placed into the containers.
- All garbage must be put into tied plastic bags and placed inside the container.
GARBAGE MAY NOT BE PICKED UP:
- IF bags are outside the container
- IF container is too heavy
- IF the lid cannot be closed
- IF there are any loose items in the container
- IF the container was on the sidewalk
These procedures are in place to ensure the safety of our workers and pedestrians.
Once your garbage has been collected, our staff will place the empty container on your property to keep the streets, sidewalks and walkways clear.
THANK YOU for your help to keep our Town clean & safe!
Commercial bins and collection schedules are provided by a private company, Northwinds Bus Lines.